Sunday, February 24, 2013

24th Birthday

For my 24th birthday the plan was to go to New York for a birthday/honeymoon, but Hurricane Sandy had other plans and landed its self the day before our flight was suppose to take off. We got refunded on everything thankfully and since I had the time off we decided at last minute to go to California. I found a good hotel by Disneyland and we went on our way.




















Our first full day we went to the town Orange which is right by Anaheim. That Thing You Do was filmed there. The town is super quant and cute. We walked around and visited antique shops. After we headed to Newport and Huntington Beach. It was an overcast day and beautiful. We parked at the end of the peninsula and walked out to the edge, sat and enjoyed the view. We took a walk on the pier and saw an asian lady feeding the pelicans. It was so fascinating to me to see them eating these fish whole. One pelican got it stuck in his throat sideways and for a good 10 minutes could not get it down. After we headed to Huntington to eat at Rubys Cafe and walked around the shops. They had the streets blocked off for a farmers market sort of thing. Different vendors were there selling their products and had bands playing at different sections.

























The next day on my Birthday we went to Disneyland! The happiest place on the earth. At least it is in my mind. My family and I are obsessed with it. My sweet husband made it the best trip possible! Going to Disneyland with just the two of us was perfect. We got on rides faster, ate lots of food, and enjoyed the parade. I love the parades they have and was so glad we got to find a bench and watch it.

The trip (though we don't count as our honeymoon) was such a great getaway. I love getting away with my sweet man and enjoying time together.

No comments: