Friday, February 12, 2010

"Love is not just looking at each other, but looking in the same direction"

I am in major miss mode these past couple weeks. I can't seem to get completely out of this funk and I know many have tried to help but I just feel its impossible at this moment. I have so much to be thankful for and have been blessed immensely for starters....
-I just got a part time nanny job....literally the greatest thing to ever happen and I did a happy dance and said multiple prayers of thanks.
-I have the best room mates..especially Julie she makes things so much better and I am so grateful to have a friend like her she's amazing!
-I have a great ward and Bishopric...first singles ward that I've actually felt comfortable at.
-I have an amazing family who care for me so much.
These our just some of my many blessings but I guess they don't fill the hole in my heart that hurts. I miss my family a lot. I wish they were a walk away and not a phone call away. It's hard being away from them. I miss my bed at home and talks with my parents late at night or taking drives with Alyssa and our talks. I miss my sisters Sommer and Brianna and my loves shay bugs and Lo. I miss their words of comfort and their hugs. I miss my G-ma and going to lunch with her or working for her just so we can spend time together.

The rest of the pain comes from missing my best friend. It's weird to know he is down the street from me but I can't see him or talk to him. I know were not together for a reason but it doesn't lesson the hurt and loss of a best friend. Like the quote above "love is not just looking at each other, but looking in the same direction." Ill find someone who has the same direction as me . I don't expect us to be exactly the same but I want us to have similar dreams and ideas for not only us but for our future family.

Like every other day all I can do is count my blessings because I have so many and draw closer to the Lord for help and guidance.

I miss you ALL!

3 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

How come your posts always make me cry!! We miss you sooooo much!! That quote is perfect I love it! I love your attitude you're so positive and I love you!!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Stephie it's not nice to make your mama cry. I love you so much. You are so strong and I'm very proud of you! Mom

Alexis C. said...

Aw steph be happy!! If you want to be happy then you will. Use the things that have happens as motivation to want something better. You are the lucky one! Someone will be very lucky to have you! It is just time until he gets lucky enough! Your awesome girl! Hang in there! Be happy! Love you a lot! lovelove Lex