Sunday, February 7, 2010

Swinging!

So last night I went on a date with one of my long time friends Jeff Whitlock. I have known him since I was a baby and have been friends ever since. Were both up here in Utah and he promised me a date before he left on his mission and since he's back now he followed up on that and took me out.
He picked me up at 7:30 (after getting lost) and we went to his apartment where his room mate and his date were waiting for us. They made us Fajitas and dip for dinner. It was super yummy and we had a good time talking!
After dinner they had planned for us to go swing dancing. I was pretty nervous to go cause I am not coordinated with my feet...hips yes feet no. I was glad it was with Jeff because hes known me long enough that I can look like a fool. When we showed up everyone there are big "Swing" people and his room mate had been before so he taught us a lot of moves and by the end we started to get the hang of it. I absolutely love that era so it as fun hearing the music and learning a new dance. It was even better that I got to hang out with one of my good friends who by the way is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet! Over all the night was successful and it was a great first date after a year :)

6 comments:

Itsagirlsworld said...

Yay for great dates with great friends!! Jef is a reaaly good guy i agree. Hmmmmm Maybe you too should hang out more. I'm just saying. HAHAHAHA I love you steph. You know you've been in love with jeff since you were kids!!! Don't kill me k?

Stephanie Perkins said...

Oh mama I believe that was a child hood crush trust me were both over that :)

Michelle said...

Hey Steph! Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know I read your blog and I love it! You are the cutest girl ever!

Lindsay Shreeve said...

I have to agree with your mom!!!!! You guys are destined for greatness! P.S. Those fajitas look deelish..my mouth is watering!

Brian and Brianna said...

Hmmm mom does sound like she's on to something... maybe you should listen to her :) I'm glad you were able to go out and have fun sounds like a blast he's such a nice guy!

Kell said...

How fun! I've never been swing dancing.. it sounds like a fun date idea :)