Monday, February 22, 2010

Loving Yourself

I was reading Britney's blog today and one of her posts stood out to me a lot so im going to copy her :)

“I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; … He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


So here's what I(she) decided: we are all going to participate in a little exercise today. I'll start, you'll follow.First, we are going to name 3 physical traits that we actually like about ourselves. Then, we are going to name 3 talents we have. Next, we'll state 3 accomplishments we are proud of. After that, we will name 3 personality traits or qualities of ours we are glad we have. And last, we will name 3 people that we know love us unconditionally -- faults, insecurities and all.

Here goes:

Physical Traits
1. My button nose
2. My eyes
3. My smile

Talents
1. Cooking
2. Crafts
3. Softball

Accomplishments
1. Living on my own in another state
2. Getting my license in hair
3. Being independent

Personality Traits/Qualities
1. Forgiving heart
2. Patience
3. Strong testimony

People that Love Me
1. My Heavenly Father/Jesus Christ
2. My parents
3. My sisters

Im not having some identity crises Im just grateful for who I am and I think we all should be grateful for who we are. Heavenly Father made us and he doesn't make mistakes.

So lets all celebrate our uniqueness and embrace our attributes and faults.
Happy Monday :)

4 comments:

Brian and Brianna said...

I love this! It's absolutely right and perfect! Just what I needed to hear. Everyone would be so much happier if we lived by this :) Love you!

Itsagirlsworld said...

You are very wise Miss Stephanie. I love you to the care bears and back!

Kell said...

You're beautiful and I love this! Elder Holland is one of my favorites. :-)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

This is totally awesome!