Wednesday, January 9, 2013

For Time and All Eternity

August 24th, 2012 I was sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. We got talked into doing a morning sealing so I was up at the crack of dawn to get my hair and make up done by my sister Brianna. My other sister Alyssa was also there getting ready herself. That morning it was raining. Everyone in my family was texting me or asking me if I was okay that it was raining. I just laughed, I love the rain and my Husband to be is a even bigger fan of the rain. We took it as a sign of good luck. My sweet fiance showed up in high spirits and after my mom loosing her recommend we decided to head on out on our own to the temple.

One of the most special parts of that day was being in the brides room with my mom as she got me dressed and ready for my sealing. As Jeff and I waited for our friends and family to enter the sealing room we had the opportunity to talk with a temple worker. He was the sweetest elderly man. He has been married 3 times. His first marriage his wife died of cancer, his second wife was killed in a car accident and he is now married to his third wife. He had such a great spirit about him and a diligence to his marriage. The best advice I have received was from him. He said he and his wives have never fought once. They both take a step back before a fight and look at it in their companions eyes. He said everyone has a different way of doing things and it does not make them wrong.

Shortly after we were blessed with the opportunity to be sealed. Our sealer was Brad Perkinson. He married my parents and all 3 of my sisters, so it was extra special to be the last one of the Lee's he was going to seal. He gave us lots of advice and brought the spirit to our sealing. I am so very grateful for the eternal commitments I made there with my sweet heart!

After the sealing I went to the brides room to change into my wedding dress and was so blessed to have my mom and all three sisters there helping me. It made me so sad and happy all at once. Those women are my best friends and are the strongest women I know. I am so blessed to call them mine. It was so fun getting to exit the Temple with Jeff knowing we were going to be together forever! The rain had cleared up and it was hot and humid. We didn't spend too much time taking pictures and were able to go home to our new apartment which is right on the same street as the Temple.










No comments: