Sunday, October 14, 2012

Contin..

Next on the list was James Madison's house. It was raining again that day and I didn't want to run back to the car to grab my camera but now im kicking myself. I wish I would have. Such a cool house and the Garden he had was amazing. On the tour the guide showed us the room in which he sat when he made the decision to sign the Declaration of Independence. I went back into the room after everyone had gone to explore and stood there thinking of the sacrifice he made to sign that Paper. Call me crazy but I firmly believe Heavenly Father placed him there for a reason. I felt the spirit so strong confirming to me that the that those signatures were meant for my freedom. I have never been so thankful then I was then for Founding Fathers and the freedom I am able to have.

The Pictures below are from Thomas Jeffersons House. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside his house (or I was too enamored by it to remember) but it was amazing! 
 Above is the back side and back yard of his house.
 The underground celler they would use to keep meet cold and fresh.
 The slaves kitchen.
 A version of what a slaves quarters would look like.
 The smoke house.
 Just partial of his gardens.
Thomas Jeffersons Headstone where he is buried. 
This was a cool experience to go see this. When we arrived it was so ridiculously humid but you never know with the weather if it was going to rain so I stayed in my pants sweater and boots. We parked went up to all the shops and food. Watched a short video then went up to the bus that would take us to his house. It is crazy busy there so many tours happening at once. We went through the house. Foyer, library, bedroom, ballroom, dining room, secret passages, guest rooms then we were able to show our selves the slaves area, Kitchens, bedrooms, winery, smoke house, you name it. After that we explored the grounds. We ended it by walking down to his grave. There is more buried there such as wife and children but his headstone is the biggest and the grounds are kept behind bars and locked. After the tour we headed back down to grab our lunches that the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at made us. Of course I changed and the second we sat down it started pouring. It was so fun to be able to see this and experience what life was like back then.

No comments: