Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Love You's

Words will never be able to express how I just knew he was the one. I have been engaged before and so dating was the scariest thing for me. I am not one to play games and thankfully neither was Jeffrey. Right from the start we were constantly texting or with each other. We both met each others families with in the week of knowing each other. Every experience I had would take too long to write but each were a stepping stone to building my trust and confidence in him. Obviously things were not perfect and I did not want them to be. I wanted a real relationship where we talked and worked through things and were 100% honest. I had my guard up a lot with Jeff but he was extremely patient with me and my crazy antics and waited till I trusted him. We had one experience that really built our relationship a lot when I saw a text conversation he and a friend were having about me. No need for details but the best life lesson for the both of us. A wake up call for myself that I either needed to let my guard down or move on and for him to not go talking to others about our personal issues. Shortly after that on Easter Sunday was the day that changed my life and my view. We had a disagreeance about where to spend Easter and because of past hurt from my prior engagement my wall went directly up. Jeffrey never once told me it was my fault or I needed to do something I didn't want to do. He allowed me to feel safe with him and we were both able to open up and talk through things. That night after his family had all left Jeff's younger sister played a song on her ipod for us (cue the cheese) it was Jason Mraz new song I Won't Give Up. Cheesy as it is the words of the song were ringing so true. I knew with out a doubt that I had found a man that would never give up on me. He would give me my space when I needed it. He would be my rock. He would be my support. He would be my Best Friend, but most importantly he would NEVER give up and that is exactly what I needed in my life. I needed someone who would put up with me and never give up on the love we found and I knew he was it. It filled me up and I could not explain it properly but My heart knew. That was important to me. I knew on paper he was a good man and would be great for me but my heart finally knew.  That night in his car as he was dropping me off I leaned in to kiss him and as we pulled away I said to him Jeff I have something to tell you and right then I said I LOVE YOU. Of course he said it back and continued it with you have no idea how long I have been wanting to say that. It was a perfect moment for us. Perfect cloud nine.

2 comments:

Taylor Ann said...

I am so glad you found the man of your dreams Steph! You deserve it!

Megan said...

I'm so so happy for you!!! You are amazing!